[ncl-talk] How to plot detailed map of Korea's county using NCL

Zhuming Ying zhuming at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 7 10:28:41 MDT 2017

Hi, How could I  plot  Korea's map, including it's county?
>From my attached fig, you can see detailed map of China, but only national
boundary for Korea,
"Korea:States" is not working.

Thanks,
Zhuming

 res at mpDataBaseVersion     = "Ncarg4_1"

  res at mpDataSetName         = "Earth..4"

; res at mpOutlineBoundarySets = "GeophysicalAndUSStates"

  res at mpOutlineBoundarySets = "AllBoundaries"

  res at mpOutlineSpecifiers = (/"China:States","Taiwan","Korea:States"/)

  res at mpOutlineOn           = True                ; turn on map outline

  res at mpPerimOn             = True ; draw box around map

  res at mpPerimDrawOrder      = "PostDraw"

  res at mpGridLineDashPattern = 2 ; lat/lon lines as dashed