[ncl-talk] plotting aborts when using gsn_add_shapefile_polylines

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 27 10:48:45 MDT 2017

Hi Ruben,

It looks like your laptop and your iMac might be running different versions
of MacOS.

If you open a Terminal window and type the following commands on both
systems, what does it report?

sw_vers -productVersion
otool -L `which ncl`
​gcc --version
which gcc​

Finally, how did you install NCL on both systems? That is, did you use
conda, or did you download the binary from the ESG? If you downloaded it
from ESG, which binary did you download?

I'm guessing the problem might be that you have an older version of the GNU
compilers on your system than what NCL was built with.

--Mary