[ncl-talk] questions about time-height contour plot

Ying Song ysong4 at slu.edu
Tue Jul 25 14:02:56 MDT 2017

Hello,
I has a question about plot daily vertical profiles over time in NCL. I
have one month daily ozonesonde from flight in .ict format and hope to plot
the daily profiles over time. (just like the left picture on the webpage:
http://ozone.met.psu.edu/dev/research/discover2014/quicklooks_ozonesondes.php
)
The My thought is to define a new array (/nlev, ntimes/), write the 30
days' ozonesonde into one array, use "gsn_csm_pres_hgt" to plot. However,
the nlev are different among my daily profiles. Do I have to preprocess my
profiles to get uniform vertical level or NCL can handle it directly? Do
you have an example that I can check?

Thank you very much!

--
Ying Song, PhD, Post Doctoral Fellow
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

ysong4 at slu.edu