[ncl-talk] Reading binary files

Manisha Ganeshan manisha.ganeshan86 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 19:49:28 MDT 2017

Dear NCL community,

I'm trying to read a binary file without much success. I have tried
asciiread and fbindirread functions, but the problem is I'm not sure what
to enter in the data type field. There is not much information in the
header file nor in the data description (web link below). The variable I am
expecting to read is surface elevation (likely in meters), but no matter
what data format I attempt to read, I don't seem to get reasonable values.
Any leads on how to proceed will be much appreciated. The actual binary
data file and the header file are available for download from the weblink
below.

Thanks,
Nisha

Weblink describing the data
*http://nsidc.org/data/nsidc-0422 <http://nsidc.org/data/nsidc-0422>*

Download link for binary file and header file
*https://opendrive.gsfc.nasa.gov/shortauth/z/b3zIg8ah
<https://opendrive.gsfc.nasa.gov/shortauth/z/b3zIg8ah>*
--
Dr. Manisha Ganeshan