[ncl-talk] NCL to replace CDO

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Mon Jul 3 09:57:14 MDT 2017

Hi Marston and Dave,

I've tried to remap and convert your files with CDO version 1.8.2 but it
fails for two of the three files. The file ICMGGECE3+199001 is a GRIB 1
file and the others seem to have GRIB 1 and GRIB 2 mixed records which
can't be handled by CDO.

I tried to convert the files to netCDF using the ECMWF grib-api/eccodes
GRIB tools but those do not like reduced Gaussian grids.

Sorry, can't help yet but maybe we'll find a way to do it with CDO. ;-)

Bye,
Karin