[ncl-talk] Installation issue

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 26 09:24:30 MST 2017

Arnold,

In the future, please post NCL installation questions to
ncl-install at ucar.edu (http://mailman.ucar.edu/mailman/listinfo/ncl-install).

NCL Version 6.4.0 is not released yet. Is this a beta version of the source
code you got a hold of?  The error you're getting looks like there's
something fundamentally wrong with the build, almost like you don't have
all the source code.  Are you trying to build it using "make Everything"?

If you need access to NCL V6.4, we have an older beta version that you can
install with conda.  See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml

You can get both the stable 6.3.0 version, or the test version using conda.

--Mary