[ncl-talk] doubt if data is being plottted

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 12 09:06:16 MST 2017

As we always tell people, use "print" to look at your data.

A simple do loop with some print statements should help you understand
what's happening in this range:

    nlon = dimsizes(longitude(0,:))
    nlat = dimsizes(latitude(:,0))
    do nln=0,nlon-1
      do nlt=0,nlat-1
        if(latitude(nlt,nln) .ge.13.1.and.latitude(nlt,nln) .le.13.2.and.\
           longitude(nlt,nln).ge.75.2.and.longitude(nlt,nln).le.75.4) then
          print("  lat/lon = " + latitude(nlt,nln) + "/" +
longitude(nlt,nln))
          print("  maxZ_Conv = " + maxZ_Conv(nlt,nln))
          print("  nlt = " + nlt + " nln = " + nln)
        end if
      end do
    end do