[ncl-talk] Are recent versions of contributed.ncl backward-compatible?

Daniel Barandiaran - NOAA Affiliate daniel.barandiaran at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 2 12:17:05 MST 2017

It seems a little strange to me as well, but the bottom line is that I
could open the GRIB file no problem using the 6.1.2 installed on our
server, but could not using my test-install of 6.3.0. Paths in our machine
are preset, and I'm not even sure exactly where they all point to. In order
to ensure I was running the test install I put an alias in my .bashrc, and
I made sure to set $NCAR_ROOT to point to the test install as well.