[ncl-talk] Error in anamoly calculation

P. Tiwari ptiwari.bhu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 01:41:08 MST 2017

Dear NCL user
                       I am new in NCL and I want to calculate anomaly AOD
for June. I downloaded 16 year AOD (for June) data from MODIS and calculate
using dim_rmvmea_n_Wrap function over polar region.

Although I got the the plot yet there is a warning *" 2 rightmost sections
of the input array contained all missing values" * I tried to upload my
data file to through ftp but did not get success. So, Herewith I attached
the plot along with the my script an data also.

In this script, I want to plot variable double
MOD08_M3_6_AOD_550_Dark_Target_Deep_Blue_Combined_Mean_Mean ( lat, lon )

The details of the variables are as :

 double MOD08_M3_6_AOD_550_Dark_Target_Deep_Blue_Combined_Mean_Mean ( lat,
lon )

         _FillValue : -9999

         long_name : Combined Dark Target and Deep Blue AOD at 0.55 micron
for land and ocean

         units : 1

         Level_2_Pixel_Values_Read_As : Real

         Included_Level_2_Nighttime_Data : False

         Quality_Assurance_Data_Set : Quality_Assurance_Land

         Statistic_Type : Simple

         QA_Byte : 5

         QA_Useful_Flag_Bit : 0

         QA_Value_Start_Bit : 1

         QA_Value_Num_Bits : 2

         Aggregation_Data_Set : None

         Derived_From_Level_3_Daily_Data_Set :
AOD_550_Dark_Target_Deep_Blue_Combined_Mean

         Weighting : Unweighted

         standard_name : aerosol optical depth

         quantity_type : Aerosol Optical Depth

         product_short_name : MOD08_M3

         product_version : 6

         cell_methods : time: mean

         latitude_resolution :   1

         longitude_resolution :   1

         coordinates : lat lon

      float lat ( lat )

         units : degrees_north

         standard_name : latitude

         bounds : lat_bnds

      double lat_bnds ( lat, latv )

         units : degrees_north

      float lon ( lon )

         units : degrees_east

         standard_name : longitude

         bounds : lon_bnds

      double lon_bnds ( lon, lonv )

         units : degrees_east

Kindly suggest me the output is correct or not. As I mention earlier that I
want to calculate anomaly for June month.

Waiting for the positive response.

Thanks in advance.