[ncl-talk] bug v6.4.0 ?

DECHARME Bertrand bertrand.decharme at meteo.fr
Fri Dec 8 01:59:48 MST 2017

Dear

I change my version from v6.3.0 to v6.4.0. I generally use this kind of shell commands (bellow) where I put a character array in argument to my ncl script. Nevertheless, it does not work with v6.4.0

toto=(1 2 3)
ncl titi="\"${toto[*]}\"" script.ncl

The ncl script (script.ncl) is:
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl"

begin
print(titi)
gg = str_split(titi," ")
print(gg)
end

The message error is:
Copyright (C) 1995-2017 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 6.4.0
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal: can't find file "2"

So space in argument even between " seems to be not seen by the ncl launch procedure in v6.4.0.

This scripting run in v6.3.0. Have you an issue ?

Many thanks
Bertrand Decharme