[ncl-talk] Running error

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 29 09:32:45 MDT 2017

Hi,

Its hard to say from the information given. Are you working with a rather
large dataset, and does your laptop have sufficient memory. The first error
report is an errno=12, which means the system cannot allocate requested
memory. Its happening in one of NCL's mapping routines, which generally
aren't that memory intensive -- that makes me think memory is being
consumed elsewhere.  But again, its hard to say without seeing your script
and/or your data.

Rick