[ncl-talk] Running error

Hiren Lekhadiya hslekhadiya3789 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:45:50 MDT 2017

Hi all,

I am new to ncl and i cannot run in my laptop.
I have installed it using terminal and at the running time I get this error.

hiren-Lenovo-Z50-70:~/Build_WRF/WPS> ncl plotgrids_new.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2015 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.3.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:MapV41DHInitialize: dynamic memory allocation error:[errno=12]
fatal:MapV41DHInitialize: error initializing map outline records
 ERROR    2 IN MPLNRI/MDLNRI - Can't open the ".names" file
 ERROR    1 IN MPSETR - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    1 IN MAPPOS - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    1 IN MAPSTI - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    1 IN MAPROJ - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    2 IN MAPSET/MDPSET - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
fatal:MapSetTrans: error initializing map: MAPINT - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
warning:["SetValues.c":474]:SetValuesChild never occurred on
wps_show_dom_map.PlotManager: Error in mapPlotClass
warning:tmXBBorderOn is not a valid resource in wps_show_dom_map at this
time
warning:tmXTBorderOn is not a valid resource in wps_show_dom_map at this
time
warning:tmYLBorderOn is not a valid resource in wps_show_dom_map at this
time
warning:tmYRBorderOn is not a valid resource in wps_show_dom_map at this
time
warning:tiMainString is not a valid resource in wps_show_dom_map at this
time
 ERROR    2 IN MPLNRI/MDLNRI - Can't open the ".names" file
 ERROR    1 IN MPLNDR - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    1 IN ARSETI - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    1 IN MPSETI - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR    1 IN MPSETI - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
warning:MapV41DHDrawMapList:libncarg Error:MPSETI - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
fatal:MapV41DHDrawMapList: MPLNAM/MDLNAM - Can't open the ".names" file
fatal:PlotManagerDraw: error in plot draw
fatal:_NhlPlotManagerDraw: Draw error

*-- Thanks & Regards,Hiren S. Lekhadiya*