[ncl-talk] Spatial plot for Significance of Linear Trend

Ipshita Majhi ipmajhi at alaska.edu
Wed Aug 23 15:37:32 MDT 2017

Dear NCL,

I wanted to plot spatial trend and significance to but I am not overlay the
plots. When I plot significance plot seperately it does not seem to have to
right result.

I am getting errors:

SLATEC/NCL: DGAMMA: X IS 0: NERR=           4 : LEVEL=           2
SLATEC/NCL: DBETAI: X IS NOT IN THE RANGE (0,1): NERR=           1 : LEVEL=
          2
SLATEC/NCL: DBETAI: P AND/OR Q IS LE ZERO: NERR=           2 : LEVEL=
    2

I am getting the following as printVarSummary outptut:

Variable: rc
Type: float
Total Size: 4620 bytes
            1155 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 33] x [lon | 35]
Coordinates:
            lat: [ 6.5..38.5]
            lon: [66.5..100.5]
Number Of Attributes: 5
  _FillValue : -999
  nptxy : <ARRAY of 1155 elements>
  rstd : <ARRAY of 1155 elements>
  yintercept : <ARRAY of 1155 elements>
  tval : <ARRAY of 1155 elements>

Variable: prob
Type: float
Total Size: 4620 bytes
            1155 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1155]
Coordinates:

I get the following warnings
warning:ContourPlotSetValues: cnLevelSpacingF value causes level count to
exceed maximum: using AUTOMATICLEVELS mode
warning:ContourPlotSetValues: cnLevelSpacingF value causes level count to
exceed maximum: defaulting
warning:mpFillOn is not a valid resource in
Trend_sig_griddedIMD_MAY_contour at this time
warning:ContourPlotDraw: data boundary is out of range

I am attaching the code and my plot with this email. If any more
information is required I will be happy to provide it.
I will be grateful for any guidance

Best Regards
Ipshita