[ncl-talk] Mottled output from gsn_csm_contour_map

Burakowski, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Burakowski at unh.edu
Thu Aug 17 11:07:08 MDT 2017

​Thanks, Mary and Rick.  I expected some missing values where large water bodies existed, but the zoom-in Mary provided helped diagnose the issue.  I had a typo in the SnowDays function that looped over every other lat/lon instead of every lat/lon pair, lines 43-44 in subsetSNODAS_avgSNWDAYS.ncl​ should have been:

do nl=0,nlat-1,1

  do ml=0,mlat-1,1

instead of the original:

do nl=0,nlat-1,2

  do ml=0,mlat-1,2

The plot now looks as I would expect, mottling is gone. Thanks!

Liz.

Dr. Elizabeth A Burakowski
Research Assistant Professor
Earth Systems Research Center &
Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space
University of New Hampshire
8 College Road Durham, NH 03824
603-862-1796
elizabeth.burakowski at unh.edu