[ncl-talk] Mottled output from gsn_csm_contour_map

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 17 10:58:41 MDT 2017

Hi Elizabeth,

I was working on a plot to show the very issue that Rick pointed out.  He's
right that the data is pretty sparse.

Here's a modified version of your script that zooms in on the map a little,
and draws filled dots in red where the data is missing, and in black
otherwise.  You can see that each valid point is surrounded by missing
points.

I had to zoom in on the map because the data is so dense.

--Mary