[ncl-talk] Wheeler Kiladi Spectrum

Adithyan Velloor adtynvellooor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 07:53:48 MDT 2017

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to plot the wheeler killadi spectrum (wave number spectrum) for
a specific region (Indian Ocean basin from 40-140 degree East). The in
built script for the spectrum is for the entire longitude 0 to 360.

Someone please tell me a way to take a specific longitude region to get the
spectrum correctly.. Below is the script to get the wheeler kiladis spectra
if I consider the entire longitudional belt. Kindly suggest the necessary
changes to be made in the script to modify it for my purpose.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/diagnostics_cam.ncl"

  case     = "wheeler"
  diro    = "./"
  latN    = 15
  latS    = -latN

  nDayWin = 96
  nDaySkip = 1

   opt  = True
   opt at debug= True
   opt at pltType     = "eps"
   opt at cnLinesOn   = False   ; turn off contour lines

   spd = 1
   var = "olr_fav"

 setfileoption("nc", "FileStructure", "Advanced")

   f        =  addfile("olr.nc", "r")
 olr_fav =  f->olr(0:14457,{latS:latN},0:141)

;function ismissing (olr_fix)
        return_val [dimsizes(olr_fix)] :  logical

 ;set_default_fillvalue("float",   1.e20)

 wkSpaceTime (olr_fav, diro, case, var             \
              ,latN, spd, nDayWin, nDaySkip, opt  )

Thanks