[ncl-talk] Panel plots with different netCDF files

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 03:08:10 MDT 2017

Lara,
variables used for contour plots which are then paneled together can come for different sources, there is no limitation :)

Just do every plot by turning off the gsnFrame and gsnDraw resources so that they are not drawn. Remember to turn off the label bar for every plot as well (lbLabelBarOn = False).
When paneling use the special resource gsnPanelLabelBar = True to draw a common label bar.
See Example #3 here https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml>.
Cheers

> On 16. Aug 2017, at 11:03, Lara Quitián Hernández <laraquitianhernandez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>
> I would like to combine different figures in a single panel plot, as shown in this picture:
>
> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/panel_19_2_lg.png <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/panel_19_2_lg.png>
>
> However, the issue is that one of my figures corresponds to a different netCDF file. I mean, I would have one figure generated via one particular netCDF file (file1.nc <http://file1.nc/>) and 8 remain figures generated from another netCDF file (file2.nc <http://file2.nc/>).
>
> What I would like is something like the following picture. However, all of them would show the same variable, so, would have the same label bar.
>
> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/panel_33_lg.png <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/panel_33_lg.png>
>
> Any help, please?
>
> Regards,
>
> Lara