[ncl-talk] Determining Font Heights in NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 4 10:07:16 MDT 2017

One thing to be aware of is that text will get resized if if you set
res at gsnMaximize = True for a plot, or if you draw a plot in a panel.

This is because NCL tries to maintain the text size relative to the plot
size increasing or decreasing.

If you need text to be fixed at a certain size, then make sure you are not
setting res at gsnMaximize to True.

If you need to control the font sizes of plots in a panel, then this is
going to involve a little trickery which I can maybe help with.

--Mary