[ncl-talk] Issue with gsn_add_polyline

Andy awmiller at mit.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:06:06 MDT 2017

Hi,
I am using NCL version 6.3.0. I am trying to use gsn_add_polyline to
draw on a stereo-polar map (similar to the points added in example
scatter_6.ncl). I attached a script that is hopefully showing the
problem I am dealing with. Plot 1 (on the left) shows the data I
originally wanted to plot. Unfortunately, the 5th and 6th point
(counting from the NP to lower latitudes) are not connected on the
shortest path. I then changed the value for the 6th point from 359 to 1
degrees, which resulted in plot 2. Thinking that gsn_add_polyline
couldn't handle points on either side of 0/360, I made up data that with
points alternating from 320-350 and 20-50. The resulting plot 3 does not
show the same issue as plot 1. Can someone explain to me when
gsn_add_polyline will connect points through 0 or what I am doing wrong
here?
Thanks,
Andy

--