[ncl-talk] how to allocate output variables for stat_medrng?

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 6 09:43:58 MDT 2017

Hi Jian,

I believe you may have found a bug in the case for this function when the
output values should be a scalar.  I need to confirm with my colleagues,
and I'll file a ticket if so.  In the mean time, a work around is to make
the a,b,c,d variables the same dimension, and only use the 1st element of
each on return from the function:

x = fspan(1,10,100)
a = x
b = x
c = x
d = floattoint(x)
d(0) = 1
;; Note that a,b,c,d are the same dimension, and effectively contain
garbage values
stat_medrng(x,a,b,c,d)
print("median = " + a(0))
print("mid-value = " + b(0))