[ncl-talk] how to allocate output variables for stat_medrng?

Jian Zheng jzheng8606 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 08:40:02 MDT 2017

Hi all,

When I use procedure stat_medrng, I get some errors. Below are some simple
testing code

ncl 0> x=fspan(1,10,100)
ncl 1> a=0.
ncl 2> b=0.
ncl 3> c=0.
ncl 4> d=0
ncl 5> stat2(x,a,b,d)
ncl 6> stat_medrng(x,a,b,c,d)
fatal:stat_medrng: The dimensions of xmedian, xrange, xmrange, and nptused
must be the same as the left-most dimensions of x
fatal:["Execute.c":8565]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 6
ncl 8> stat4(x,a,b,c,c,d)

You can see it works well with stat2 or stat4, but not stat_medrng. How to
define the output variables with stat_medrng for one-dimensional input?

Thanks,
Jian