[ncl-talk] function extval_gumbel parameters

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 2 08:20:22 MDT 2017

NCL is not a statistics forum. I think you should do a WWW search for this
type of information.
Note: The "center" is also called the "location" parameter.

Search: Gumbel distribution: scale, center, location

==
NCL's Application page provides some information:
     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/extreme_value.shtml
Please read.

===
From: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/eda364.htm

"For the normal distribution, the location and scale parameters correspond
to the mean and standard deviation, respectively. However, this is not
necessarily true for other distributions. In fact, it is not true for most
distributions."

===
Also see:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumbel_distribution