[ncl-talk] adding multiple files

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Sat Apr 1 08:13:24 MDT 2017

Hi,

It sounds like that one file in particular, "pre_199501_mondat.nc", is
corrupt. I note that it is not the same file as the single file instance
that you cited, and I *think* NCL would have ingested all the files from
1901 up to the 199501 before throwing the error. Are you able to open the
file with the ncl_filedump command, or any of the NCO/CDO operators?  If
you want to send it to our ftp site, I'll take a look at it (instructions
below).

Rick

*You can ftp larger datasets and files to:*

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
<use your email address for the password>
cd incoming
put ...
put ...
.
.
.
quit

Note that for security reasons, you cannot list the contents of this
directory, and neither can we. We need to know the *exact* names of the
files in order to retrieve them.