[ncl-talk] wrf_cape_2d errors

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:23:24 MDT 2016

Hey Kai,
you should ask the WRF mailing list, since they may have more suggestions.
I used that function more than once and always got some strange error with large dataset. Mine was slightly different than yours, but still we could give it a try...

1) Did you try calling the function with less vertical levels? I had 150 levels in my output data and wrf_cape_2d was working only when I passed a subset of the data, like p(:,0:130,:,:). Try also to subset in time and horizontal dimensions to see if the problem resides in the size.

2) Otherwise, can you do a printVarSummary and printMinMax of the variables that you are using so that we can see what could cause the error?

Cheers

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>