[ncl-talk] how to set the palette when plotting contour on contour

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 7 21:50:05 MDT 2016

Yi Lu,

I'm not sure how to get the 3D effect like the one you attached in the
example, but I'll ask one of our viz experts here to see if he's done this
kind of thing.

As for questions #2 and 3, please see example WRF_pcp_2.ncl (the last
example) at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfgsn.shtml

The trick is to use "cnFillPalette" to set the colormap for both the
terrain plot and the data plot, and then use the cnFillOpacityF resource to
a value less than 1 to get some transparency.

---Mary