[ncl-talk] Apply for a translation license for NCL Reference Manual

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 26 09:48:00 MDT 2016

Dear Shen Wenqiang,

This is quite an impressive contribution and should be very useful to our
Chinese users. Thank you for sharing the link with us and for putting the
time into this effort. I especially like how you structured the resource
documentation to include expandable windows.

I'm not sure what you mean about applying a translation license, but we
have no problem with people taking our documentation and translating it to
other languages.  There's no license required.

I will provide a link on our own website to this document, along with the
ones written in Portuguese, from this page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

I will certainly include your name and institution, but would you also like
to include a short description?  I can try to include the description in
Chinese if you can provide me with the correct text.  I will also include a
link from the main NCL page under "Announcements".

--Mary Haley
  NCL Project Lead