[ncl-talk] Apply for a translation license for NCL Reference Manual

wenqiang shen wqshen91 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:04:50 MDT 2016

Dear NCL team,

I am a PhD candidate studied in the Nanjing University, China and majored
in atmospheric sciences.
In recent years, i have got a lot of benefits from NCL and the online
documents (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/).

NCL have high-volume and growing users in our country, but still have no a
well document in our native language (chinese).
Therefore, i got the idea to write a handbook in chinese two years ago.
And last year, i have spent some of my time to start writing and the
content are hosted on the GitHub (https://github.com/wqshen/NCL). The
document is written by reStructuredText (*a markup languages like markdown*)
and imported to the *read the docs *(visit it on
http://ncl.readthedocs.io/zh_CN/latest/ or simply http://ncl.rtfd.org).

Some contents of the document is translated from NCL reference manual,
forgive me for not applying for a translation license previous. Now, i want
to apply the translation license (to chinese), hope it is not too late !

Also, in this year, my much time is  engaged by my research. i will be
appreciated if you can provide promotional support for this project. As
this project is a open-source, everyone can fork and contribute to it.

SHEN Wenqiang
Ph. D. candidate
School of Atmospheric Sciences
Nanjing University, Nanjing, China