[ncl-talk] Problem with NCL

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 21 13:10:32 MDT 2016

Well, as I noted before, I just don't get what you are requesting.The
question(s) are ambiguously worded.

Please do *not* start a separate thread. That gets confusing.

==
              ; absolute path
  dir_wrf = "/media/mughal/Seagate/ECMWF_WRF_RUNS2/"

  do n=6,9
       print("==============")
       dirPath = dir_wrf + "run"+n + "/"
       print("dirPath="+dirPath)

       fils =: systemfunc("cd "+dirPath+" ; ls wrfout_d04*)
; if you run into a problem here, it is a path issue.

       print(fils)
       print("---")
       fullPath = dirPath+fils
       print(fullPath)
       print("---")

       wrf = addfiles(fullPath, "r")
             ;
  end do

  As noted by Barry., the following should be preceded by /

media/mughal/Seagate/ECMWF_WRF_RUNS2/run6/wrfout_d04*

media/mughal/Seagate/ECMWF_WRF_RUNS2/run7/wrfout_d04*

media/mughal/Seagate/ECMWF_WRF_RUNS2/run8/wrfout_d04*
media/mughal/Seagate/ECMWF_WRF_RUNS2/run6/wrfout_d04*