[ncl-talk] Fwd: Creating Skew-T Multi-panel Plot & CSV File

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 21 10:06:26 MDT 2016

There are several issues with your code:

[1] You have 2 'do loops':
     One loop reads and writes values
     The 2nd is supposed to plot the values from the 5 grid points.
     You did not save the values in the 1st loop so you are using the last
values from the 1st loop.

     Punch line: You should have one loop.

[2]

You imported CAPE via

cape = f->CAPE_P0_L1_GLC0           ; array

It should be

cape = f->CAPE_P0_L1_GLC0(nt,nn,mm)      ; scalar

[3]

You tried to print cape as:  cape(lv)
This is wrong. cape does not have levels.

[4]

You did not have a required resource for paneling skewT:

 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/skewt.shtml
See Example 5

skewtOpts at Panel           = True    ; Default is False

[5]
As noted in example 5, the paneling does not allow the wind speed and
direction to be included on paneled skewT. As noted in the example, the
'wmvect' output can not be paneled. This causes problems if you try to do
that.

=========

Really, for you, I think 'manual paneling' is appropriate. See Example 8.

I modified your code to do 4 of your 5 points. I just don;t have the time
to calculate where the 5th skewT should go. I also included a few other
changes.

FYI: I think 5 skewT plots would yield a figure with very small images.

See attached

Good luck