[ncl-talk] Vertical interpolation to a 2d array instead of a constant pressure/height

Michael Weston mjweston at masdar.ac.ae
Tue Oct 4 23:59:41 MDT 2016

Folks,

I am looking for an ncl function that can do vertical interpolation in
3d, but instead of using a constant level to interpolate to, I want to
use an array variable to interpolate to.

e.g. from existing function wrf_interp_3d_z

function wrf_interp_3d_z (
		v3d     : numeric,
		vert    : numeric,
		loc [1] : numeric
	)

loc is a constant pressure or constant height.
I want to use "surface pressure -x" to get variables at the top of the
surface layer, so loc would be a 2d array with ny x nx.

Does such a function exist?

Thanks

--

*Michael****Weston**