[ncl-talk] CellFill issue: How to disable all fine white lines around each grid cell in ncl-PDF-output (example screenshot attached)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:36:19 MST 2016

Erik,

Thanks for providing a sample image.

I'm not an expert on how cell fill works, but did you try *not* setting
cnCellFillEdgeColor or cnCellFillMissingValEdgeColor at all?

I just tried to reproduce your problem by taking the example
dataonmap_11.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/plot_data_on_map.shtml#ex11

and adding your two resource settings to it:

        res at cnCellFillEdgeColor=-1
         res at cnCellFillMissingValEdgeColor=-1

​I also modified the plot to zoom in on an area.  I couldn't get the
behavior that you're seeing. I've attached the script, PNG, and data file
if you want to try it yourself.

It would help if you could provide your script and data.  If you have a big
data file with lots of variables, then you can try setting the special
resource:

varR at gsnDebugWriteFileName​ = "mary_cell_fill_issue"

and then re-running the script. This should cause a NetCDF file called "
mary_cell_fill_issue.nc" to be created, with just the data required by the
script. It should also create a "mary_cell_fill_issue.ncl" script that you
can send me, that will hopefully be pared down version of your script that
is just the graphics, and none of the data processing.

--Mary