[ncl-talk] CellFill issue: How to disable all fine white lines around each grid cell in ncl-PDF-output (example screenshot attached)

Erik Jan Schaffernicht eschaffe at uni-koeln.de
Sun Nov 20 17:49:36 MST 2016

I attached a clearer example screenshot as some of the fine line were not visible in my first attachment (mail before).

Attached, you find a screenshot of a plot produced by   ncl 6.3.0  (Ubuntu 16.04.01) .

There are hundreds of very fine, rectangularly-spaced, vertical and horizontal white lines, likely exactly marking the boundaries of each grid cell of my input field (a netcdf file).

How can I disable these fine white lines?

They appear when I use  "CellFill".

Currently, I create  "PDF" output with NCL.  I also tried "PS", same problem here.

Here is an extraction of the ressources I use in my ncl plot script:

   varR at cnFillOn     = T ;
           varR at cnFillOpacityF=1
           varR at cnFillMode="CellFill"
            varR at cnCellFillEdgeColor=-1
            varR at cnCellFillMissingValEdgeColor=-1

By the way, I figured out that, if I set the    @cnCellFillEdgeColor=    to a value of 0 or 1,  all these lines become really thick and eg. of bold white or black color. This is not what I want but maybe these ressources are somehow linked to my problem/solution?

I like to let all cell-edge-lines disappear in my plot, so if I set this option to    @cnCellFillEdgeColor=-1
but the lines are still there (attached), they do not disappear.

Any idea/help on that?

Erik