[ncl-talk] About geography boundaries

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:18:28 MST 2016

Hi,

By default, wrf_map_overlays will create a map, draw the contours over it,
and then remove the contours so you can reuse the plot if necessary.

In order to add shapefile outlines to a WRF plot, you have to set the
special resource "PanelPlot" o tell wrf_map_overlays to remove the
contours, so that you can attach the shapefile outlines to the plot, and
then draw it yourself.

Please see example #14 on our shapefiles page, which shows how to do this:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml#ex14

--Mary