[ncl-talk] About SplineWarning

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 10 09:48:52 MST 2016

A minor correction: it is not enough to simply zoom in on the data with the
mpMinMaxLat/LonF resources. Even when you zoom in on the map this way, NCL
will still try to contour whatever part of the data array you passed in.

Setting these four resources is still a good idea, because this way you
only see the region that you're interested in

The example you referred to shows how to subset the data for the lat/lon
region you're interseted in, but perhaps you need to subset it more.

One other issue might be that you need to set gsnAddCyclic to False:

  res at gsnAddCyclic = False

If you continue to have problems, then it would help if we could see your
script. It would also help to see the output from doing a "printVarSummary"
on your data.

Thanks.

--Mary