[ncl-talk] Opening a destination file

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:47:07 MST 2016

Hi:

I created a fresh directory/new, and here is the output.

wrf at mn03 NCL-TEST]$ ncl ./wrf_fgen.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

-rw-r--r--. 1 wrf games  47250732 Nov  9 02:36 source_grid_file.nc
-rw-r--r--. 1 wrf games  47250732 Nov  9 02:36 destination_grid_file.nc
-rw-r--r--. 1 wrf games       231 Nov  9 02:36 PET0.RegridWeightGen.Log
-rw-r--r--. 1 wrf games 144591292 Nov  9 02:37 wrfout_temp_rect.nc

After I copied over the destination_grid_file.nc to the "suspect"
directory, I was able to run this program -- I just couldn't create the
file.

This is strange, as both the new and the old suspect directory are on the
same disk and sub-directory.

Thank you for your help -- I'll let you know if this problem recurs.

Barry