[ncl-talk] tropical cyclone vortex azimuthal plot

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:20:21 MDT 2016

Hey Matthew,
I developed something similar (see attached). I have a NCL script that tracks a MTLC (Mediterranean Tropical-Like Cyclone) over the simulation's domain and then produces centroid plots following the MSLP minimum using different variables like temperature perturbation and MSLP.
The plot that you are trying to produce is fairly simple to obtain assuming you already have the subset of the original data; the hardest part would be to track the cyclone, but you could still prescribe the coordinate of the vortex by hand if you need just one plot.

If you are interested I can send you the detail.
Cheers

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>