[ncl-talk] tropical cyclone vortex azimuthal plot

Matthew Fearon Matthew.Fearon at dri.edu
Fri Nov 4 11:01:43 MDT 2016

Dear NCL Users:

Just curious if anyone has developed NCL code to view a horizontal slice (azimuthal view) through a tropical vortex with WRF model output? For example, like the attached image. I understand this may be more appropriate for the wrfhelp list, and I have copied that list, but the NCL code/plot could apply to any mesoscale model output focused on a tropical cyclone vortex. Use of the gsn_ routines over wrf_contour is preferred, but I'm open at this point. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Matt

PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: In accordance with NRS Chapter 239, this email and responses, unless otherwise made confidential by law, may be subject to the Nevada Public Records laws and may be disclosed to the public upon request.