[ncl-talk] Attach shapefile polylines to contour

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu May 26 13:38:58 MDT 2016

Hi,

wrf_map_overlays has some resources specific to it, one of which controls
"framing" similar to gsnFrame.  You might set:

   pltres at FramePlot = False    ; default is True

For more details, see:

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_map_overlays.shtml

Note that it says "...the plot will be drawn, but the frame will not
advanced."  I'm totally sure my suggestion will work -- it seems like the
calls to
gsn_add_shapefile_polylines() should be made before the plot is drawn.  But
perhaps give it a try.

Hope that helps...
Rick