[ncl-talk] Filling area between curve and x-axis in xy2 plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed May 25 14:13:43 MDT 2016

Hi Guido,
I tested your code here and am seeing what you are seeing. I did get it to
work though by changing the order of the plots in gsn_csm_xy2. So, try
changing this:
plot(j)=gsn_csm_xy2(wks,time,data,data2,res,res2)
to this:
plot(j)=gsn_csm_xy2(wks,time,data2,data,res2,res)
Let ncl-talk know if that does not work for you.
Adam

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Guido Cioni <guidocioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I’ve been trying to produce a simple xy2 plot with two lines and a filled
> curve. The problem is that the latter, which is drawn together with the
> curve in the second y axis, cover the other two lines. I tried to play
> around with the resources xyCurveDrawOrder and tfPolyDrawOrder but
> nothing did the trick. I think that there is no special resource that
> controls the draw order of elements in xy2 plots, thus the second curve is
> always drawn on top of the others.
> Is there any other way to achieve the same results? Maybe using polyline?
> Attached you find a snippet of the code (only the relevant part) and the
> resulting plot.
>
>  do j=0,dimsizes(case)-1
>
>  plot=new(dimsizes(case), graphic)
>  poly=new(dimsizes(case), graphic)
>  wks   = gsn_open_wks ("pdf",”tserie")                ; open workstation
>  res                  = True                     ; plot mods desired
>  res at xyDashPatterns=(/0,0/)
>  res at xyLineThicknessF=(/3,3/)
>  res at xyLineColors=(/"blue","red”/)
>
>    data= (/lhflx, shflx/)
>    data2 = qnet
>
>    res2= True
>    res2 at gsnDraw = False
>    res2 at gsnFrame = False
>    res2 at xyLineColor = "gold"
>    res2 at gsnYRefLine           = 0.0
>   res2 at gsnAboveYRefLineColor = “lightyellow"
>
>   plot(j)=gsn_csm_xy2(wks,time,data,data2,res,res2)
>
> delete([/lhflx, shflx, serie, time, data /])
>  end do
>
> plnres = True
> gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/3,1/),plnres)
>

> Guido Cioni