[ncl-talk] Managing terrain height in the script wrf_CrossSection_add_smooth_terrain4.ncl

sangeeta maharjan sangeetamaharjan at gmail.com
Tue May 24 23:39:20 MDT 2016

Hello Xiaoming and  Mary,

Thanks for your reply.
I am aware that it is a west-east cross section plot. I tried but could not
add the minor tick marks in vertical axes. The values in ter_plane used in
the scripts yields (max value is red  in color (21th value)

Variable: ter_plane
Type: float
Total Size: 272 bytes
            68 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes:   [Horizontal | 68]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 3
  _FillValue :    9.96921e+36
  units :   m
  description :   Terrain Height
(0)   537.3745
(1)   556.2093
(2)   556.2093
(3)   552.6631
(4)   551.8929
(5)   588.4611
(6)   640.3762
(7)   713.1735
(8)   804.7409
(9)   854.6913
(10)  849.4119
(11)  805.8835
(12)  763.5001
(13)  735.0173
(14)  856.4299
(15)  1169.83
(16)  1492.322
(17)  1652.575
(18)  1694.905
(19)  1765.424
(20)  1889.178
(21)  1945.099
(22)  1869.276
(23)  1755.734
(24)  1730.924
(25)  1704.013
(26)  1546.452
(27)  1411.18
(28)  1363.609
(29)  1243.166
(30)  1051.444
(31)  936.7072
(32)  941.271
(33)  928.4125
(34)  861.8909
(35)  960.158
(36)  1142.136
(37)  1091.726
(38)  925.554
(39)  876.4838
(40)  894.1756
(41)  927.5086
(42)  1036.723
(43)  1188.228
(44)  1198.813
(45)  1186.619
(46)  1269.593
(47)  1163.258
(48)  913.6985
(49)  847.5559
(50)  987.7681
(51)  1175.981
(52)  1240.032
(53)  1103.708
(54)  881.4406
(55)  781.1543
(56)  893.9818
(57)  1047.922
(58)  1127.229
(59)  1131.302
(60)  1081.057
(61)  976.4305
(62)  924.3822
(63)  904.832
(64)  861.3491
(65)  830.9657
(66)  798.5671
(67)  748.0306
With reference to plot in the  attachment, the temperature  contour  left
and right  of maximum peak is close to 1500 m so i fell that the the
terrain height is reduced by some hundreds.

Regards
Sang.