[ncl-talk] ncl_filedump error

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 30 05:21:45 MDT 2016

Hi Joe,

As far as I can tell, ncl_filedump composes an NCL script on the fly that
gets executed against your file. That script normally gets placed in a
temporary file in the /tmp directory;  ncl_filedump helpfully (in most
cases!) cleans the script up afterwards.

More to your issue however, I would suggest doing a plain old "ncl_filedump
20150304_0200.nc" and inspecting that output to determine if indeed
something is corrupt/degenerate about the latitude and any other variables
you might be interested in. If everything looks good, then perhaps you
could send us the file to look at, via the FTP instructions following (and
send a quick note once its there).

Rick

*You can ftp larger datasets and files to:*

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
<use your email address for the password>
cd incoming
put ...
put ...
.
.
.
quit

Note that for security reasons, you cannot list the contents of this
directory, and neither can we. We need to know the *exact* names of the
files in order to retrieve them.