[ncl-talk] stippling colour

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:08:09 MDT 2016

Hi Ioana,
Referring to the cnMonoFillColor documentation:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnMonoFillColor
When set True, all contour fill areas are set to a single color, as
specified by the value of the scalar resource cnFillColor. When False, the
elements of the array resource cnFillColors control the color of each fill
area individually.

Try setting cnMonoFillColor = True and cnFillColor = "black".
(Alternatively set cnMonoFillColor = False and cnFillColors = "black".)

If that does not fix the issue let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Ioana Colfescu <ioana.colfescu at ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm plotting a significance test (dots) overlapped over contours but
> the dots' colour is white. How can I change the colour of the dots to
> black ?
> My code is below :
> Thanks  in advance for any suggestion.
>

>      res at gsnSpreadColors     = True
>      res at lbLabelBarOn        = False            ; turn off individual
> label bars
>      res at cnLevelSelectionMode= "ManualLevels"   ; manual set levels
>      res at cnMinLevelValF      = -5.0
>      res at cnMaxLevelValF      = 5.0
>      res at cnLevelSpacingF     = 0.3              ; 20 contour levels
>      res at cnFillOn            = True             ; color fill plot
>      res at cnLinesOn           = False
>      res at cnLineLabelsOn      = False
>      res at cnInfoLabelOn       = False
>      res at lbLabelAutoStride       = True
>
>     res2= res
>     res2 at cnFillOn             = True
>     res2 at cnMonoFillColor      = False
>     res2 at cnMonoFillPattern    = True
>     res2 at cnLineColor = True
> ;  res2 at cnLineColor = "Black"
>     res2 at cnFillColor = "black"
>     res2 at cnFillPattern = 17 ; filled valyes are dotted
> ;  res2 at cnFillDotSizeF = 0.1
> ;  res2 at cnFillScaleF        = 0.1 ; add extra density
>
>     plot1 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,signifp1o,res2)
>     plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,diff1,res)
>
>     overlay(plot(0),plot1)
> Ioana

Adam Phillips