[ncl-talk] stippling colour

Ioana Colfescu ioana.colfescu at ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 15:25:23 MDT 2016

Hi,
I'm plotting a significance test (dots) overlapped over contours but
the dots' colour is white. How can I change the colour of the dots to
black ?
My code is below :
Thanks  in advance for any suggestion.

     res at gsnSpreadColors     = True
     res at lbLabelBarOn        = False            ; turn off individual
label bars
     res at cnLevelSelectionMode= "ManualLevels"   ; manual set levels
     res at cnMinLevelValF      = -5.0
     res at cnMaxLevelValF      = 5.0
     res at cnLevelSpacingF     = 0.3              ; 20 contour levels
     res at cnFillOn            = True             ; color fill plot
     res at cnLinesOn           = False
     res at cnLineLabelsOn      = False
     res at cnInfoLabelOn       = False
     res at lbLabelAutoStride       = True

    res2= res
    res2 at cnFillOn             = True
    res2 at cnMonoFillColor      = False
    res2 at cnMonoFillPattern    = True
    res2 at cnLineColor = True
;  res2 at cnLineColor = "Black"
    res2 at cnFillColor = "black"
    res2 at cnFillPattern = 17 ; filled valyes are dotted
;  res2 at cnFillDotSizeF = 0.1
;  res2 at cnFillScaleF        = 0.1 ; add extra density

    plot1 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,signifp1o,res2)
    plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,diff1,res)

    overlay(plot(0),plot1)
Ioana

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.