[ncl-talk] Trouble Using Matlab_jet Colormap

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 16 08:22:51 MDT 2016

Hi Kerwyn,

It's possible that NCL doesn't know to look in
/share/apps/NCL-6.2.1/lib/ncarg/colomaps
for the color maps.  First, you want to make sure you don't have the
NCARG_COLORMAPS environment variable set. Sometimes users set this, and
forget that they've done so.

Can you type the following and send me the output, so I can see if there's
anything wrong in your environment?

ncl -V
which ncl
env | grep NCARG