[ncl-talk] Trouble Using Matlab_jet Colormap

Kerwyn Texeira ktish86 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:20:52 MDT 2016

Hi ncl-talk,

I'm having trouble using matlab_jet and MPL_jet colormap in my script.

When I use gsn_define_colormap(wks, "matlab_jet") I get the following
errors:
fatal:CvtStringToCmap:Unable to convert string "matlab_jet" to ColorMap
warning:Error retrieving resource wkColorMap from args - Ignoring Arg

and vice versa with MPL_jet.

 When I use res at cnFillPalette = "matlab_jet" and res at vcLevelPalette =
"matlab_jet" I get the following error:

fatal:CvtStringToCmap:Unable to convert string "matlab_jet" to ColorMap
warning:Error retrieving resource cnFillPalette from args - Ignoring Arg
warning:vcLevelPalette is not a valid resource in test_contour at this time

and vice versa with MPL_jet.

When I use gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BlAqGrYeOrRe"), it plots with no errors.

matlab_jet.rgb is located with all the other colormaps.  They are in
/share/apps/NCL-6.2.1/lib/ncarg/colomaps

Could someone kindly help me please because I have no idea what is going
on.

Thanks