[ncl-talk] map and data plot dismatch

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 15 10:22:50 MDT 2016

Hi Mark,

I attached the fix from NCL 6.4.0 to this post.  Download this file, then
if you add

load "/path/to/wrf_map_fix.ncl"

to the top of your original script (which used wrf_map_overlays to plot the
map), then everything should work for you.  It will overwrite the broken
wrf_map_resources and set_mp_wrf_map_resources in your older version.  If
you decide to plot things manually rather than with wrf_map_overlays, you
can use wrf_map_resources to get the map resources for plotting.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

Bill