[ncl-talk] map and data plot dismatch

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 14 12:24:49 MDT 2016

Hi Mark,

There is a bug fix for the rotated pole projection in the upcoming 6.4.0
release of NCL, but this has only been tested with rotated pole projections
that follow the guide contained in
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/users_guide_chap3.htm.
In other words, pole_lon would need to be either 180.0 or 0.0.  In your
data file, this is not the case, so I'm not 100% sure this is going to plot
correctly.  It would be helpful if you could send us your data file to test
it.

Here are the instructions for FTPing the file (taken from
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP):

*You can ftp larger datasets and files to:*

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
<use your email address for the password>
cd incoming
put ...
put ...
.
.
.
quit

Note that for security reasons, you cannot list the contents of this
directory, and neither can we. We need to know the *exact* names of the
files in order to retrieve them.

After the file is uploaded, you can send a message directly to me with the
filename (or reply to ncl-talk if you wish).  From there, we can try to get
you a fix for your problem.

Thanks,

Bill