[ncl-talk] Using loadscript within a do loop

Luke Osburn luke.osburn at monash.edu
Wed Jun 8 02:18:01 MDT 2016

Hi all,

I have run into something of a problem. I have a lot of code that needs to
run on a lot of data and anticipated being able to use the loadscript
function within do loops but it works in an odd way: a much simpler example:

"Original script"
do ray=0,3
   loadscript("sunshine.ncl")
end do

Where sunshine.ncl is:

xx=ray*2
print(xx)

The output of this combination of scripts is:

8
8
8
8

But I want to be able to use the value of ray in "Sunshine.ncl" as it loops
and get:

0
2
4
6

If anyone knows how to achieve something like this or a workaround that
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Luke

There were no errors reported.
NCAR Command Language Version 6.3.0
Linux s0000965 3.2.0-23-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 22:19:09 UTC
2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux