[ncl-talk] shapefile woes

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 3 13:22:10 MDT 2016

Hi Matt,

Rick is out for a few days, so I'll try to help.

You didn't indicate what the new problem was, but it looks to me like your
code is working now.  I had to replace the "USA_adms2.shp" with
"USA_adm2.shp", and then I turned off NCL's map outlines so the plot was
cleaner.

Since you provided the south-dakota shapefiles,  I went ahead and added
these, using the script you provided earlier.  It's important to use a
unique variable name every time you call gsn_add_shapefile_polyline.

I drew the USA outlines in blue, and SD roads in red so you could see the
difference.

See attached.

--Mary