[ncl-talk] problems when generating plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Jul 24 23:33:29 MDT 2016

Cheung,

Thanks for providing your data and a script. I had the same issue as you
did.

For some reason, doing a smooth fill on this plot is an issue with u.dat.

If you use raster fill, then the script runs pretty quickly, and I have to
say, generates a rather interesting plot. If you overlay this plot on a map
(setting the special lat2d/lon2d attributes and calling
gsn_csm_contour_map), then you can do a smooth fill on this plot.

See the attached modified script and the resultant plots.

I will report a bug on this.

--Mary